TILING-WORLD.COM SEO CASE STUDY
Here is -briefly- how I boosted organic traffic by more than 1000% and positioned 100 keywords in the top ten Google search results… without any backlinks campaign:
Step 1. SEO Audit
- Found several issues related to sitemaps, robots.txt, navigation, backlinks, accessibility, responsiveness, layout and design, keyword cannibalization, internal linking, duplicated content, titles and meta descriptions, pages value, redirects, load speed, indexation, crawling, and analytics.
Step 2. Technical SEO
- Restructured navigation, making the site more user friendly and reducing depth level to maximum 3 clicks.
- Fixed broken links and optimized internal linking structure.
- Created XML and HTML sitemaps and submitted them to Google Search Console.
- Configured Robots.txt according to the best practices.
- Fixed responsiveness issues.
- Increased GtMetrix YSlow Score to 93%, Pigdom Performance Score to 86%, and Google Page Speed Insight to 84% (Mobile) and 90% (Desktop), reducing site speed to about 2 seconds, which meant a 200% improvement.
- Cleaned backlinks by disavowing spammy and high-risk backlinks.
- Identified and fixed 301 redirection issues.
- Added sitelinks and schema markups in relevant post and pages.
- Installed and configured several technical WordPress plugins to boost the website’s performance.
Step 3. Content Relaunch
- Identify under-performing content
- Deindexed low value, archive pages and subpages.
- Enriched or removed several “thin” pages that were risking the site to a Google Panda penalty.
- Removed duplicate content or implemented canonicalization tags.
- Created a series of SEO and technical guidelines to regulate content creation.
- Edited and optimized old content that was still driving significant traffic, including rewriting titles, meta descriptions, URLs, optimizing images, and enriching the text with relevant keywords.
- Improved layout and design, including CTAs, headings, and subheadings in each page that indicate intended actions to the users.
Step 4. Tracking and monitoring
- Deployed Google Tag Manager to organize web analytics tags and measure key events like scroll tracking, outbound clicks, real time on site, video views, etc.
- Set up and advanced configuration of Google Analytics, including custom filters, content and channel grouping, auto event tracking, advanced segments, and calculated metrics.
- Installed social media tags for traffic monitoring and retargeting lists.
Client: RUBI TOOLS USA
Skills: Technical SEO, Content Marketing, Web Analytics
Tools: Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, Similar Web, Screaming Frog, Google Trends, Moz Open Site Explorer, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console